"Professional, calm and friendly midwife"

About: East Surrey Hospital

My wife (32 weeks pregnant) and I attended the maternity unit after a day of reduced foetal movements. My wife phoned the unit and explained her symptoms and was advised to attend the ward. On arrival we were immediately shown to a cubicle by the receptionist and within a minute or two a midwife had arrived. They were friendly, calm and quickly got to the reason behind our attendance. They were so reassuring to my wife and I and explained everything that they were doing and answered our questions clearly and professionally. There was a handover prior to us leaving and the midwives that took over were equally as professional. The whole unit had an air of calm and appeared very clean. Luckily all was okay and we were given clear advice on what to do with similar symptoms in future. I am so glad we have opted to have our baby delivered at east Surrey, I couldn't be more confident in the maternity unit. Please pass on our thanks to Carly.

Response from Cathy White, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Experience Team, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your feedback. Feeling confident about antenatal care during pregnancy is important and I know that our midwives in the antenatal day unit will be very pleased to hear how well you felt your wife was looked after when you visited.

I will ensure that your feedback and thanks is passed on to Carly.

With best wishes,