"Great Service - GP Out of Hours"

About: City Health Care Partnership CIC / GP service (out-of-hours) Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust / NHS 111

I telephoned 111 for advice on the side effects of painkillers my doctor had prescribed me. I answered lots of questions to the point the 111 operator was going to send an ambulance (which I said wasn't necessary, bless the operator who was thorough! ). It was decided a nurse would ring me back within 6 hours. I was impressed the nurse rang me back within the hour, she was very understanding and with her advice I attended the Westbourne GP Out of Hours. I'm surprised I didn't have to wait long. The doctor took the time to listen, showed they cared and gave me time to ask questions. On reflection, I was just happy to receive advice on medication over the phone but it was nice for the nurse and doctor to go beyond my expectation during the time I was experiencing pain, sleepless nights and feeling urggg. Thank you.

Response from Paul Wray, Out of hours GPs, City Health Care Partnership CIC

Dear Patient, as the Service Manager I would like thank you so much for the positive feedback about your experience with the GP Out of Hours Service, The staff really appreciate getting feedback on the care they provide and when it is clear that more than one element of the service from NHS 111 to the Nurse and GP worked well it provided reassurance that the level of service we aspire to provide is actually being provided.

I will ensure that your kind comments are sent to the team.

Many thanks

Paul Wray - Service Manager

Response from Jacqueline Taylor, Patient Relations Manager, Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your story on the Patient Opinion website about the service you received from NHS111.

We will ensure your feedback is shared with the staff involved and their managers. We value all forms of feedback and use this to continue to improve and develop our services.

I do hope you have now recovered from your illness and wish you well.

Kind Regards