"Computer or appointments staff wasting..."

About: Whipps Cross University Hospital

I had an appointment at the Plane Tree Centre and one week before my appointment

I received two appointment letters for that date that were identical also enclosed in the same envelope was a cancellation letter asking me to reschedule.

When I rang the appointments office I was told that

I would be redirected to the Plane Tree Centre, the line just went dead. I then rang the Plane Tree Centre and was told that they knew nothing about any cancellation and that my appointment was was still to go ahead.

This not only wastes Whipps Cross time and money but gives the patient unnecessary work and worry. If you asked for a rating for your computer system it would be one star.

Response from Whipps Cross University Hospital

Dear Roy

We are sorry to read that you received two appointment letters and a cancellation notification all at the same time. This must have been very confusing for you. Please accept our apologies.

Thank you for raising this with us. We really value your feedback and have shared this with the appointments team so that they are able to look into this and make sure it does not happen again.

Barts Health NHS Trust