"Death of my gran"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / General Medicine

My gran recently died in ward 38 Glasgow royal and I just wanted to thank all the staff in the ward. I work as a hospice palliative care nurse and was very impressed with the care she received. There was good communication with the family, symptoms were controlled, the family were well supported and she died peacefully with family present.

Dear Tomkirst,

First of all, condolences on the loss of your Gran - I'm sure this is a very difficult time for you and the rest of your family, which makes it all the more humbling that you have taken the time to get in touch with us to pass on your kind comments about the staff who looked after your Gran. You have highlighted so many positive aspects of the care she was given, and how this care extended to the rest of her family.

I will be pleased to pass this on to the team at Ward 38 to let them know the difference they made - I'm sure they will really appreciate you getting in touch.

With best wishes,