"Excellent experience"

About: Princess Anne Hospital

I had an elective c-section at the Princess Anne as part of the enhanced recovery c-section programme. From the moment I transferred my care to the Princess Anne at about 32 weeks of my pregnancy I had an amazing experience.

Due to medical issues I needed to be under consultant care. All the staff at the hospital were excellent from the staff in the day unit that provided care and support during pregnancy to the theatre and recovery staff on the day of my c-section. All the midwives and nurses were very knowledgeable and supportive and made me and my husband feel at ease. I was very nervous on the day of the operation but the staff made the whole experience very enjoyable and relaxed.

The ward staff were friendly and supportive and helped with breast feeding.

The services including the breast feeding clinic were excellent. I stayed on the unit for one night and was then transferred to the Ashurst New Forest birth centre for extra support which was also excellent.

I would highly recommend the Princess Anne hospital. Thank you to all the staff.

Response from Princess Anne Hospital

We are so pleased that all went well when you were admitted for your elective c-section.

It is great to know that you found all the staff so supportive and knowledgeable and that you were made to feel at ease at such a special time.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experiences when you must be very busy with your new baby.

Staff are always delighted to receive feedback like yours which will be shared with them.

We all wish you and your new baby well.