"Excellent nurses"

About: Bradford Royal Infirmary

My child was admitted for 3 days on ward 17. During this stay I thought the nurses were excellent- very caring and attentive. However I felt that the doctors did not listen to me or value my opinion. I also felt that the doctors did not listen when nurses raised suggestions or concerns about my child. The playroom is good but only open very limited hours 9-12 and 12-15 play workers should be available for a longer time during the day.

Response from Bradford Royal Infirmary

Hello, first of I must apologise for the delay in replying - there has been a problem with the site notifying us when someone posts a review, which we have just become aware of. We do value all comments from our patients and take them seriously, so thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am pleased to see your positive comments about the nursing staff and playroom on Ward 17. However I am concerned to hear that you did not feel listened to by the medical team, and that the teamwork between the medical and nursing staff seemed to be of the standard we would want to see. I will make sure your comments and concerns are passed on to all the relevant staff so they can take any action needed. I will also pass on your comments about the opening times of the playroom to the Head of Nursing for Children's Services and the Matron for the area to consider.