"Plastic Surgery team & Aftercare/recovery -..."

About: Whiston Hospital

I was given fantastic emergency treatment on admission to the Plastic surgery Dept when I severely injured my right hand. The staff's response was truly 21st century team-work, well done. I was so reassured after being in a panic.

The consultant surgeon and (in my opinion) their highly proficient surgical team worked their magic in restoring my severed tendons, arteries and nerve damage. The Registrar and Consultant talked me through, in lay-man terms, the process of a second surgical procedure to improve mobility in my fingers and thumb, they were very thorough.

The Physiotherapy Dept dealing in post-plastic surgery have patiently nursed me back to an excellent state of recovery, the therapists deserve my heartiest gratitude. Thanks to all staff on ward A3, the surgical team and anaesthetists, dressing nurses, physiotherapists, and administration staff for being pleasant, professional, and accommodating.

Well done.

Response from Whiston Hospital

Thank you so much for your very kind comments. We are delighted you found the services at Whiston Hospital to your satisfaction. We are very proud of our staff on ward 3a and will pass on your feedback to the staff.