"Thorneywood adolescent unit"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services – Inpatient

I don't thinkThorneywood is a nice place, some staff were extremely rude to me at times, especially when I got transferred to a more secure unit. The restraints they use were painful and not nice. Also some rooms are shared and this caused upset for me and many other patients.

Response from Michelle Handsaker, Integrated Service Manager, Specialist Services Directorate, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Lilyboo123 I am sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience whilst on the Adolescent Unit at Thorneywood.

We are very keen to receive feedback about our services so that we can reflect on this and in some cases make changes if needed. I think it would be useful for the unit manager to speak with you regarding your personal experience.

Could you indicate that you would be happy for them to contact you initially via this site?

• Lilyboo123 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Lilyboo123 (the patient)

Thank you for your response and I would be happy to be contacted via this site

Dear Lilyboo123 thank you for taking the time to respond. The manager is on leave this week and I will ask them to respond on their return to work.

Kind regards Michelle.

Dear Lilyboo123,

The manager is now back at work and has provided her details below for you to make contact with her. She is called Emma and her mobile is 07813365655. You can leave your details and she will be happy to call you back.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and I hope talking to Emma helps with a resolution for you.

Kind regards Michelle.

Response from Carmain Gibson, Head of Child and Adolescent In-patient Services, Thorneywood Unit, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Lilyboo123,

Further to our previous responses, we note you have not made any contact with us. We are still keen to find out more regarding your concerns. If you would like to make contact our address is:

Thorneywood Adolescent unit

Porchester Road

Nottingham

NG3 6LF

0115 8440529

If you would prefer to respond via this site then please reply to this message.

We are keen to ensure we hear the voices of young people who have had contact with our services, and every bit of feedback is valuable to us.

Take care