"A&E Monday 15th January 2015"

About: Royal Derby Hospital

Upon arriving at the hospital to have an out-patient appointment I managed to fall out of the taxi by catching my heel in my coat. I landed on my knee on the ridge of the curb and was encouraged by the Dr. I was seeing to come to your A&E department.

I just want to say thank you to everyone in the department. I was looked after with care and expedience. I arrived in the department at 4:10 and left at 6:25. In that time I was seen by the triage nurse, x rayed and then cleaned and stitched up.

All the staff I encountered were friendly and kind and acted with professionalism and compassion. (I was a little sad as this very minor accident had made me think of a previous nastier accident last year).

Thanks again to everyone!

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent attendance at the Royal Derby Hospital.

We are sorry that you fell prior to your outpatient appointment and subsequently had to be seen in the Accident and Emergency Department (A&E).

However, we are glad the A&E team looked after you so well and we will make sure that your compliment is passed to them; as well senior managers for this area.

The Patient Advice and Liaison Services Team