"Waiting for results from respiratory clinic"

About: NHS Lanarkshire

I had an appointment in November 2015

I was diagnosed me as having Emphasema and COPD.

The member of staff i seen told me my doctor would have their letter in 10 to 14 days, five and a half weeks on and my doctors have not received the letter.

They indicated I should be on Morphine and a change of some of my present medicines.

I am now very anxious as my breathlessness is severe.

Can someone chase up this letter please.

Response from Melanie MacLean, Patient Affairs Manager, Patient Affairs, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear janian,

I can only apologise that your doctor hasn’t yet received the letter following your respiratory clinic appointment.

In order for me to look into this I would be grateful if you could contact the Patient Affairs department on Tel No 01236 713065.

I’ll need to know the hospital and clinic you attended and it would be helpful if you have your patient (CHI number) available.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Melanie MacLean

Update posted by janian (the patient)

Dear Melanie MacLean

The North Avenue Doctors I am a patient with I have full confidence in the staff there,0141 641 10000141 641 1000.

Our practice patients are only allowed to phone for results between 3pm and 5pm.

Otherwise I would have phoned you now.

I phone twice weekly on a Tuesday and Friday hoping to hear Dr Rehan Mustafa,s

of Hairmyers Respiratory finding have finally arrived and I can make that long awaited appointment with my Doctor.

Will let you know on monday,before my next Tueasday enquiry.

Response from Christine McNeill, Patient Affairs Manager, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Janian

Further to our telephone conversation I'm very pleased to learn that your concerns have now been resolved.

Christine McNeill

Update posted by janian (the patient)

What I would like to know is the reason for treble waiting time that we were given for results to arrive.