"poor comunications between depts and services!!!"

About: Airedale General Hospital

I came to ENT dept today for my appointment at 1 45pm, I waited patiently for 45 mins then asked one of the nurses if they could shed a bit of light on why I was waiting all this time to see the dr and at least three people had gone in before me, they had come to their appointments after me, at least two of the people hadn't been for tests ie eye/ear tests and awaiting to go back in to see the dr, then the nurse told me I was not seeing my dr on this occasion I was in fact seeing their registrar.

When I got to see the dr after a wait of 1hr 10 mins they were lovely, but also vague as to what their opinion and diagnosis was. So to sum it up I feel very dissatisfied with the service given to me and feel an afternoon has been wasted, I also have other medical problems which are now playing me up right now.

Response from Airedale General Hospital

We are sorry that you had such a disappointing experience when attending our Ear, Nose & Throat outpatient service.

We would very much like to investigate this further and encourage you to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) team on 01535 294019.