"Nothing, no other hospital has ..."

About: Liverpool Womens Hospital

Nothing, no other hospital has been so bad as this humiliating experience.

Nurses and reception attitude, their understanding of disability needs and they really need to gossip less.

I had the the most terrible experience in their early pregnancy unit last year. Nurses who treat you like a child. Gossip about and other paitents in the corridoor whilst you are sitting a few feet away behind the curtain.

If these nurses believe we women who lose children are over reacting, whining about nothing and wasting their time why on earth do they work in a womens Gyn emergency room?

Being pregnant again I'm attempting to use the so caled choose and book system to book my first appointment. I explain I need someone to come with me due to disability. I am told they can not accomodate that, despite that ersonbeing my husband and I must wait nearly 3 months, by which point I will be 23 weeks pregnant and still not had an inital booking appointment!

I certianly will not be using this hospital or any other by the looks of it as choose and book will only allow me to book in Nottingham??

Response from Anne Bridson, Corporate Matron for Patient Experience, Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in responding to your comments. I was very concerned to read about the issues you have raised and I would like to hear more about them. If you feel able would you contact me via anne.bridson@lwh.nhs.uk

Response from Liverpool Womens Hospital

I know that you posted your comments a long time ago and I apologise for that and want you to know that they still matter. If you would like to talk further about them, I would really like to hear from you. My email address is anne.bridson@lwh.nhs.uk I am the Matron for Patient Experience