"Early pregnancy services"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Gynaecology New Victoria Hospital / Gynaecology The Princess Royal Maternity Unit / Maternity

I had a missed miscarriage at 8-9 weeks, but it wasn't discovered until 12 weeks. This was my first pregnancy and I ended up being in hospital three times to complete the miscarriage. Everyone involved in my care, from the midwives in the Early Pregnancy Assessment Suite (especially Eileen) at the GRI, to the inpatient ward and the Day Surgery Unit made a very upsetting time, that bit more bearable. All the staff members were so sensitive and respectful and helped me and my partner deal with a difficult and unknown situation.

Dear Babs79,

I am so sorry to read this, but am so glad that you felt well supported during what I know would have been a most difficult time for you and your partner. While it unfortunately cannot change the experience you have had, I am pleased to hear that being supported in such a kind and sensitive way made things just that little bit more bearable.

I will pass on your comments to the teams that you mention were involved in your care - I'm sure they will appreciate you getting in touch to let them know the difference that they made.

Wishing you all the best,

Lorna