"Highly recommend the continence clinic"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Continence advisory service

I’ve been going to the continence clinic following a referral almost a year ago. The help and advice I received has been very good, the nurse involved was particularly good. She gave me a lot of confidence and was able to answer all my questions.

Following the treatment and advice I was given I no longer need to attend the clinic and wanted people to know they should not worry about a referral to this clinic. All the staff are very reassuring and friendly. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Response from Jane Appleyard, Continence Specialist Physiotherapist, Continence Advisory Service, Locala Community Partnerships

Thank you for you comments. I'm delighted you have benefited from the help and advice you were given.

Many people are nervous at their first appointment. Our aim is to put people at ease, give them a better understanding of the problem they are having and help them to help themselves!

It's all about building up confidence and empowering people to manage or cure their symptoms. It doesn't happen overnight but the result is worth the effort.

I hope you continue to improve.