"Well looked after"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / General Surgery

I was admitted to Ward 18 in Wishaw General recently. I was initially very reluctant to stay and was very resistant. Thanks to a Doctor and a very patient Senior Charge Nurse called Janice, I relented. From that moment till I was discharged on Sunday evening, I was very well looked after. All of the staff were caring, patient, helpful, understanding and professional. I am thankful that these people choose to work under what must at times be demanding and stressful circumstances. They work 24/7 and consistently provide a standard of care which is maintained day and night, regardless of what is thrown at them. Janice was a calm source of reassurance and efficiency. I write this testimonial as evidence that if I or anyone I know ever needed care, then I hope they experience what I experienced. Thanks to all associated with my stay in Ward 18 of Wishaw General. Good luck.

Response from Maureen Dobbin, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical Care, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Boric,

Thankyou for your very positive words in relation to your stay within ward 18. I am delighted that you had such a positive experience and hope that you are continuing to recover well. The staff endeavour to provide a high standard of care and are always pleased to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with the staff in ward 18, especially Janice, the Senior Charge Nurse and the medical staff,

Again, Many Thanks

Best Wishes

• Boric thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Boric (the patient)

I am very pleased to hear that the team in Ward 18 will get to hear my words of praise. They do a fabulous job and deserve any and all acknowledgement of their hard work. I hope they all have a peaceful and enjoyable festive break.