"The way they dress the people are dressed."

Other people are walking around in my brothers clothes, why ?

He may have a mentle problem, but there is need for him to look like a tramp when other people are walking around in his clothes.

It very up setting when his family bring his clothes in and he does not get to wear them.

We are told he has the same name as some one else, why not use their other name , then there can not be mixed up.

Response from Kim Guy, PALS Manager, Mersey Care NHS Trust

Thank you for getting in touch and passing comment on our services, I am sorry that we fell short of your and our expectations. When people do not have the capacity to take care of their own property Mersey Care has a duty to support them with this and ensure that their property is safe.

We ask that family and friends ensure that a persons clothing has their name in it, if this is not possible we will put a marker on items to denote the ownership. However on occasions it can be difficult to identify ownership of new items that have been brought in that staff are unaware of.

I appreciate that how upsetting it can be to see your brother in other peoples clothes, we do endeavour to maintain peoples dignity by ensuring that they are in their own clothing and that they are clean and presentable. The services have been made aware of your comments and I hope that the situation is resolved, but if not please contact me so that we can identify the specific ward concerned and look into this in more detail.

Kim Guy