"Still waiting for scan results after 5 months"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I was referred to the clinic about my hearing problems. The doctor I saw was very helpful, and referred me for a CT scan to see if a surgical solution was viable. I had the scan in early July, and was in and out in under 15 minutes.

It's now December, I have heard nothing since, and every time I ring I get given different numbers to try, all of who say it's not their department and give me a different number. The ENT Secretary never answers, and by the sounds of their voice message they don't work for the doctor anyway. My GP has also heard nothing.

It's as if I've imagined the whole thing, as no-one I have spoken to is remotely aware / interested / helpful in tracking down the scan results.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Stuart,

thank you for contacting me. I am so sorry about the delays and difficulties you have had in receiving a reply or contact from the Trust. Please email me with your details and I will ask one of the General Managers to look into what has happened. My email address is Sally.smith2@nhs.net.

Once again, apologies for the delays,

best wishes,

Response from William Harvey Hospital

This delay must be frustrating and worrying for you - please contact PALS on 01227 864314 or 01227 783145 or by email at ekh-tr.PALS@nhs.net and they will do their best to sort this out.

We will need some personal details to be able to contact the relevant departments.

Thank you.