"Elmstead Day Unit experience"

About: Colchester General Hospital

On Wednesday 9th December 2015, I was admitted to the unit for a Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy. I was a very, very nervous patient and so scared to have these done, I nearly walked out twice. I suffer badly from panic attacks. The staff were amazing towards me, so very patient, reassuring and talked to me about my fears. I have the upmost praise for the Consultant and the nurses. A simple thank you, does not seen enough from me to them, but I do sincerely thank them all. The lights were dimmed until I was sedated, a calm reassuring voice was by my side the whole time. I could not have received better care and attention anywhere. Having worked myself in the NHS 1965-2012, I have seen the best and worse of situations. You have a department and staff second to none. The care on the ward after was also wonderful. Again, thank you to all who made the situation a positive on for me.

Marian Evans. Mrs

Response from Colchester General Hospital

Thank you for such wonderful comments regarding your experience. I will ensure these are shared with the teams involved.

Should you need to discuss anything then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Tammy Diles Head of Patient Experience 07785588620