"Embarrasses Procedures"

About: Mount Stuart Hospital

I was referred to Mount Stuart for potential prostrate problems. I underwent a cystoscopy which I was apprehensive about as it is an intimate procedure and most definitely not something I was looking forward to. I am quite reserved and take personal dignity issues very seriously.

I want to put on record that the nurses dealing with me make me feel as comfortable as possible with a minimum of embarrassment. What could have been a difficult experience for me was dealt with, great sensitivity and understanding. Thank you to all the nurses involved.

On a separate note it is most unfortunate that not all the tests scheduled were able to be carried out due to ' the flow machine still being out of order '. This means yet another appointment has to be scheduled, surely a complete waste of every ones time not least mine. The date of my visit for the above procedure was December 9th.

Response from Mount Stuart Hospital

Thank you for your complimentary message and comments about how the nurses treated you with great sensitivity and understanding.

We do recognise that many procedures undertaken can be embarrassing, so the team works hard so as to maintain privacy and dignity for the patient.

I am sorry that one piece of equipment required to do a certain test was not available. I can confirm the specialist engineer has made an assessment and a new machine has been purchased.

Jeanette Mercer