"Appointment or not, your guess is as good as mine"

About: Colchester General Hospital

My partner had an appointment booked at the hospital. 10 days prior to the appointment he received a call to say the appointment had been cancelled. However two days later he received a text message to remind him not to forget to attend this appointment. I spent nearly an hour to try to get clarification on this matter, not wanting to waste our time, we both work. I have at this point given up as no one at the hospital was answering calls, except reception so have been charged for call. No wonder the NHS has such a bad name , this hospital is definitely not helping that. Still don't know if we have an appointment or not.

Response from Colchester General Hospital

I am extremely sorry to hear about the poor and hugely frustrating experience you and your partner have gone through.

I would like to get someone to look into this on behalf of your partner and, at the very least, apologise and find out whether there is an appointment or not.

Therefore, could you please email me (mark.prentice@colchesterhospital.nhs.uk) with your partner's details, eg name, address, date of birth, and a daytime phone number. Also, please say in your email that it concerns a posting on NHS Choices made on 11/12/15. Thank you.

Mark Prentice, Head of External Relations