"Kidney aspiration."

About: George Eliot Hospital

Hello I was sent to the urology dept to have an aspiration on my right kidney. My first appointment was on Thursday 03/12/2015 for which I addended , but was told after an hour of waiting that this has been cancelled. This was a morning appointment at 11.30 which would have involved me staying in the hospital for 4 hours post operation, so would be leaving the hospital early enough to get a bus home.

On the following Monday still not hearing anything I contacted PALS and eventually give an appointment for Wednesday 09/12/2015 at 14.30. This I figured with the 4 hour post operation observation would mean being stranded in Nuneaton with no bus home. I had no option but to cancel this appointment, and was told in a surly manor that I would now be put at the back of the waiting list.

I am off work at the moment due to the pain and fear that if I have to wait too long that I will lose my job

Response from George Eliot Hospital

I am sort that this situation has arisen. Please will you contact PALS on 024 7686 5550 so that this can, hopefully, be resolved.

Regards Christine Longstaff on behalf of the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust.