"Putting the Patient First!"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / X-ray and Scans

I stupidly turned up for my MRI appointment at Lincoln Hospital 12 hours early. I was about to leave the department when I was asked by a member of staff if they could help.

I explained what had happened and he sought the MRI operator out to see if there was anything they could do. The MRI staff squeezed me in there and then which they didn't have to do, but was very grateful to them for doing this. The staff were friendly, polite and kept reassuring me it was no trouble.

This is a great example of putting the patient first, they could have told me to return at the correct time, but they didn't. I was so grateful that I didn't have to return later in the day. Excellent customer service

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear MAPG,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments, and I will let my colleagues know of your post.

With patients receiving appointments from early morning, through the day and into the evening, we appreciate sometimes appointment letters can be misread.

Where possible we try our hardest to fit patients in and save them having to make arrangements for another appointment.

Regards