About: Lincoln County Hospital

I was offered a colonoscopy after doing a cancer screening test, at the first instance myself and my wife was taken into a room and the colonoscopy was explained to us in great detail, the person doing it was very friendly and vey professional answering all questions, a appointment was made to come back for the procedure. On the day of the procedure I was taken into the treatment room, and through out the procedure the staff continued to talk to me reassuring me and continually checking I was okay, although I had some pain and discomfort the staff made me feel at ease, after the procedure I had another consultation and everything was explained to me, I also received a phone call the next day checking on my wellbeing. I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff who I can honestly say we're excellent THANK YOU

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Dennis,

Thank you for your very positive feedback. It is always really good to know that patients feel they have received excellent care.

You can be assured that your comments will be shared with the Bowel Screening and Endoscopy staff.

Many thanks for taking the time to post your experience.

Best regards,

Nikki Woodcock
Head of Endoscopy, Screening & Physiological Sciences

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Dennis,

On behalf of both Bowel Screening and Lincoln Endoscopy we should like to thank you for your comments.

They are much appreciated and have been passed on to all the staff involved.

Having a colonoscopy is never a pleasant experience and it is reassuring to hear that all the staff involved put you at your ease and made the screening process a successful one.

Cancer screening is vitally important for early detection of bowel cancer and it is from comments like those given by you that the staff can continue to provide a high level of service.

Many thanks,