"Excellent service in the adult allergy clinic -..."

About: Guy's Hospital

I was really impressed with the staff at Guy's hospital this morning. Although signing was unclear of where I was being treated, a member of staff who I'm sure was very busy, helped me find my way and even escorted me to the allergy clinic (3rd floor Southwark wing, if anyone else gets lost!).

I was late to my appointment and all of the staff still greeted me with a smile. They were polite, friendly and very accommodating. I was really grateful for their flexibility and professionalism. Very impressed indeed. I know you guys are working your socks off and if you do read these, I want to say thank you!

The consultant I saw was friendly, patient and took time to explain everything to me. I felt like they went above and beyond here. I've had experiences in the past where doctors have been either dismissive or a bit patronising. This doctor was great - was clear, informative and gave me just the right level of detail so I was well informed and left feeling like I'd learned something and confident I knew exactly how to react in the future if I have a similar allergic episode.

Props to the NHS. You are all stars, especially at Guys Adult Allergy Clinic!

Response from Guy's Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that staff were flexible and professinal and were able to accomodate you particularly when it had been difficult to find the department. It is good to hear that the doctor who saw you provided sufficient information to enable you to feel confident about dealing with an future allergic episodes. We will pass you feedback on to the Adult Allergy Team and highlight the signage issues to our Wayfinding Team.