"Caring, comforting, experts"

About: East Surrey Hospital

Having recently moved to the area, I was involved in an RTA and brought to East Surrey Hospital by ambulance. I spent time in A&E, Surgical Admissions Unit, and Tandrige Ward (3 nights in total) and honestly couldn't fault anything. From the paramedics, to the X-Ray technicians, porters, Anaesthetists, Drs and incredible Nurses and healthcare assistants, everyone was so friendly and genuinely caring. I felt extremely well looked after and like everyone knew what they were doing. Communication between the staff is excellent. When I was on Tandridge and my family weren't around I felt comforted as though they were. I can't speak more highly of the nurses on that ward (particularly one who was everything you want a nurse to be). I feel safer knowing I live near this hospital; it's a credit to the NHS that we are so lucky to have!

Response from Cathy White, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Experience Team, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Cathryn,

Thank you for such positive feedback about the care your received whilst a patient with us. One of our Trust values is 'One Team' and from what you say, your experience of our care truly reflects that value. I will make sure that your feedback is passed to the team on Tandridge ward in particular.

I hope you are on the way to a full recovery.

With best wishes,