"My mum was treated with dignity and respect"

About: Ayr Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

My 89 year old mum had a hip operation last week. Just like to say the care from the hospital staff - Consultant, the pre-op clinic staff and station 11 nursing staff (including the AHPS) at University Hospital Ayr was amazing.

My mum was treated with dignity and respect. And although we had a bit of a wait on the Friday morning for a bed and the uncertainty was a little disheartening this is no reflection on the staff who were trying to do their best for mum. It turned out well in the end and mum is now home with a new hip and hopefully a new lease on life (once she is all healed).

Thank you to the OT who organised the carer to come in the mornings as this has been a big help. I certainly appreciate all that has been done for my mum and consider myself lucky to live in country where healthcare is free.

Dear Ayrshire Mum,

That is fabulous. It is always such a worry when your loved ones are in need such care and attention. I am really pleased it has all gone so well and I will be delighted to pass your thanks to the teams. I agree, we are very lucky to have such a health service. We may not get everything right, but we get a lot right and it is a privilege for me to be part of sharing the stories.

Thank you so much for letting us know about your Mother's care and long may she continue to enjoy her new lease of life.

Best wishes,