"Shoulder surgery"

About: Nuffield Health, Wolverhampton Hospital

I recently underwent arthroscopic sub-acrominal decompression and rotator cuff repair to my shoulder on 14.07.15 as a day case and under the NHS via the Choose & Book system.

I was treated with politeness and dignity all the way.

I would especially like to thank the person who escorted me to theatre.

They kept me calm and was very professional.

In regard to my surgeon they carried out a fantastic job and was not only a brilliant surgeon but also a very pleasant person to boot.

Many thanks to my surgeon and their team.

I would recommend checking out the NHS Choose & Book Service if you require this type of surgery (Choose & Book only available on certain specialities).

I was not treated any differently for being an NHS and not a private patient regardless of what other people may tell you.

Response from Nuffield Health, Wolverhampton Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

It is very kind of you to take the time and trouble to convey your thoughts following your visit to the hospital.

It is always nice to receive feedback from patients, especially comments such as yours.

I would like to assure you that I will be sharing your commendation with all of my staff and in particular the members of the team who you mentioned personally.

They always appreciate positive comments about the service they provide to patients who visit the hospital.

I do hope you are making a good recovery and once again, many thanks.

Karen Pattison