"Good care, treatment and organisation"

About: Southampton General Hospital

I began my treatment for prostate cancer in late September. At every stage from tests and consultations in Urology to surgery and admission to ward E8, I have been shown care, courtesy and respect. from all staff at all levels. The details of procedures I would undertake from blood tests, biopsy, bone scans and surgery have been patiently explained. Any options available to me have been fairly evaluated. All the facilities have been clean and comfortable. Nothing has been too much trouble from staff. Appointments have been prompt and well communicated. The texting system worked well. The medical care I have been given has been excellent.

I have been trying to think of improvements to my treatment but apart from the difficulty of sometimes finding my way around the hospital which is in the process of building improvements itself, I cannot find any fault. This all adds up to reducing the anxiety that I had about my condition. Thanks for your care.

Response from Southampton General Hospital

Many thanks for your very positive feedback and I wish you well for your continued recovery. Hopefully the building work will be completed by early spring and we will all breathe a sigh of relief - we fully understand how difficult it has been for our patients !