"accident and emergency care"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department Wishaw General Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

(as a parent/guardian),

My daughter was admitted following a rugby accident yesterday morning with a very obvious broken and displaced wrist.

I want to thank the nurses, doctors and porters who very quickly assessed her and determined that the wrist required surgical intervention. The team organised the prodcedure and it was rapidly carried out. She received great care and excellent surgical intervention. They organised her ongoing care at our local hospital. I cant thank you enough. Great caring highly skilled staff. Thank you.

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear janefk7

Thank you very much for getting in touch and for your comments in relation to the care your daughter received when she had to attend Wishaw General Hospital. I indeed hope that your daughter is recovering well after what I am sure was a very worrying time for you all.

Your positive comments are very welcome and I will ensure they are fed back to the all the staff involved who work so hard in ensuring the care we deliver to patients is of a high standard. I have no doubt they will be delighted for the feedback.

Thank you once again and best wishes to your daughter

Regards