"good service at home valley"

About: Holme Valley Memorial Hospital / Day surgery

I had an operation to have two toes re-aligned and they now look great!

All the staff were lovely and friendly, also very reassuring. This is first time I’ve had any form of treatment so was a bit apprehensive about having surgery with a local anesthetic where I would be aware of everything that was going on. I prepared by taking a book with me to try and distract myself but the nurse said that whilst I could take it I would not need it as there would be music to listen to and a nurse would also be chatting to me.

Everything about the procedure was explained to me very thoroughly, when they asked if I had any questions I really had none because they had covered everything.

After the operation they took great care to transfer me to a wheelchair and take me to the recovery room where they gave me a cup of tea and a ginger biscuit. I’m still recovering from the operation and know it will take some time but the experience at Holme Valley was fine.

Response from Michelle Stanley, Admin Assistant, Holmevalley Memorial Hosptial Day Surgery, Locala Community Partnerships

Hi there. We are absolutely delighted that your experience was a positive one. We know people can be nervous and do our best to make sure everyone feels at ease.

We are a small and friendly team and believe me it is no hardship for our colleagues to chat to everyone.