"Ridiculous wait"

About: Hammersmith Hospital

Visited the dermatology department for acne treatment on a three occasions last year. Aside from the first appointment when I was the first to be seen, each time I waited an hour and a half to be seen after the appointment time I had been given. Doctor saw me for perhaps 5 minutes and was unsympathetic, barely even looked at my face or ask me questions. On the final occasion when I was discharged I was palmed off on another dermatologist because the waiting time had Become so long and the doctor recommended I go on holiday then discharged me even after my citing concerns the issue would return. How helpful. Naturally it has now returned, but there is no way I am bothering going again as concerns will fall on deaf ears and I cannot waste any more of my time.

Even my GP took more care in my skin concerns than these experts.

Response from Hammersmith Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is very sorry to read your experiences accessing the Dermatology clinic at Hammersmith hospital.

Thank you for posting your comments.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) would like the opportunity to discuss your complaint further.

Please contact PALS either by email on pals@imperial.nhs.uk or by telephone on 0203 313 0088.