"A & E/Ward C8"

About: Royal Blackburn Hospital

My mum was admitted via ambulance to A&E on 22/11 and was admitted later that day to ward c8. Unfortunately she passed away on 24/11 but the care and compassion she was shown from all nurses and doctors in both departments was outstanding. We were kept informed from the start about the treatment she was receiving and the reasons behind it,although they were obviously busy they took the time to answer any questions we had and never made us feel like we were hindering them. On the day my mum died the staff on ward c8 showed such compassion and care for not only my mum but us as we stayed with her. They are a credit to the hospital, please pass on our thanks to them.

Response from Royal Blackburn Hospital

We very much appreciate your feedback regarding your recent experience of A&E and Ward C8 at Royal Blackburn Hospital at what must be a very difficult time and please accept our sympathy on the loss of your Mum.

We are pleased that your Mum and your family were shown such care and compassion at such a sad time and we will certainly pass on your thanks to the teams involved.

Many thanks again for posting your kind comments and Best wishes

Helen Ritchie, Senior patient experience facilitator