"Fantastic care from Endoscopy unit"

About: St Richard's Hospital

I must admit to being a bit nervous about having a gastro exam

Having heard so many bad stories! I checked in at the CTC centre reception and the staff couldn't have been nicer. I was seen on time by a wonderful nurse (sorry, can't remember their name!) who took my blood pressure etc and explained what would happen and gave me the options for sedative or throat spray. They were so calm and reassuring and put me at ease. Then I met Phyl and her team who were awesome. Really friendly, lots of chat to put me at ease and alwYs asking if I was ok all the way through.

Can't thank them enough. The NHS is a national treasure and this hospital is one of the best. My wife had her gall bladder removed here too and they were brilliant then as well.

Response from St Richard's Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give this feedback.

The staff in the endoscopy unit will be delighted that you have acknowledged them in this way and we shall make sure they are made aware of your comments.

It is never pleasant having these investigations done, and very important that you are made to feel as comfortable and as much at ease as possible, and the team have clearly achieved this brilliantly.

Thank you.