"2 months later no call back let alone an..."

About: Mount Vernon Hospital

Was given a referral for physiotherapy on my knee 10 months after hurting it. I was told i would be contacted and given an appointment in around 4 weeks, its now been 2 months and i have not received a call. I have called every single day this week to get an appointment but someone is yet to answer the phone in the physiotherapy department?

Response from Mount Vernon Hospital

I do apologise for the fact that you have waited longer than the suggested 4 weeks for your appointment.

Unfortunately our waiting times had extended due to staff vacancies which, I am pleased to report, have now been recruited to.

The return to usual staffing levels allows us to provide a more responsive service and our waiting times have reduced.

I am sorry you were given incorrect information and also for the difficulty you experienced when trying to speak to our team.

Although our telephone lines are not manned all day, there is the facility to leave a message. Messages are retrieved several times during the day, and response made if callers leave a telephone number.

We are committed to provide high quality care and thank you for your feedback

Sheriden Hanson