"Good A&E Paediatrics experience"

About: Wexham Park Hospital

I have attended A&E Paediatrics today with my 4-year-old when my GP (The Orchard Surgery in Langley) failed to refer me to a paediatrician (what a time wasting and unprofessional GP surgery they are!).

The staff in Paediatrics A&E of Wexham Park Hospital were nice and attentive. A Christmas film was being played in the waiting area and some lovely jungle decorations on the walls made the waiting time feel much shorter for my little one. A member of staff also offered some colouring papers.

We were first seen by a nurse and later on by a doctor. The doctor was very nice and understanding. They didn't make me feel like a crazy mother making diagnosis up (like my GP in the Orchard surgery did). They were attentive and very professional, knew how to interact with kids. They told me the exact diagnosis that I had after my extensive research on the internet. I was impressed.

These things are very important because little people understand how stressed can a mother be when her child is not well.

Thank you for understanding and advice. I highly appreciate.

PS. Can we please have GPs like these!

Response from Wexham Park Hospital

Dear Karina

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent experience in paediatric A&E at Wexham Park.

I am pleased that you found it helpful and the staff understanding.

We are very lucky to have a great team who treat people as if it was their own child in front of them.

Feedback like yours makes it all worthwhile.

I will pass your comments on.

I hope your little one is recovering well

Kind Regards