"The fantastic treatment my father received"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Urology

My 90 yr old father spent 4wks in ward 6 in Monklands hospital in July. His kidney was not working properly, he had kidney stone.

Staff were brilliant. My father was discharged in Aug in the hope he would build up his strength to have an operation to remove the stone. His first appointment was cancelled due to chest infection.

My father arrived at Monklands hospital on Wednesday, his Stone had started to move and he had been in bed for two weeks, on arrival at surgical admissions the staff took one look at my father and they came from everywhere my father was put on a bed, he was put on oxygen, put on a drifts get fluids into him, his blood pressure very low, the staff went over and above their call of duty, fantastic saved him at that point. The consultant Miss Ramsay came in and made the decision to move him to ward 6, again staff brilliant.

We were told my father was too ill to have operation and the nxt 24-48hrs were critical. The consultant told family there was nothing more they could do for my father and made him comfortable. The staff were fantastic especially staff nurse Lee and Joanne and all nurses.

My dad passed away the next day and the staff could not have done anymore for the family.

Response from Karen Black, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical Care, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Big Jinty,

Thank you for your post at what must be a very difficult time for you. Condolences to you and your family.

It is always very rewarding to hear such positive comments from relatives. I will take great pleasure in passing on your lovely comments to all staff involved in your late father's care.

Kindest Regards