". It was good to learn about other people"

About: Arnold Lodge Regional Secure Unit

I sat on the Oscars judging panel which I found very good and interesting. It was good to learn about other people and what sort of amazing things they had done.

Response from Jennie Palmer-Vines, Therapy Services Manager & Involvement Lead, Arnold Lodge, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS trust

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to post a comment and also for volunteering to represent Arnold Lodge as a judge on the panel for this year’s Outstanding Service Contribution and Recognition Scheme (OSCARS – Staff and Volunteer Awards), which are hosted by Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. These are an opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate the outstanding work of our staff and volunteers in delivering the best possible service to patients, carers and service users.

This is the third year running that we have been asked to nominate a patient representative to be a member of the judging panel and I was overwhelmed by the number of patients that stepped forward from across the service at Arnold Lodge to volunteer their time and energy. Well done for getting picked this time and I'm delighted to hear that you got so much out ot it.