"Being a patient in a respiratory ward"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department Wishaw General Hospital / Respiratory Medicine

I was admitted with breathing difficulties, I was taken to accident and emergency then transferred to emergency care unit, then Ward 7. Unfortunately my health deteriorated and I spent a couple of times in high dependency unit on heated oxygen, and humidified oxygen. After high dependency on both occasions I was transferred back to Ward 7. Overall my stay in hospital was 6 weeks. The staff were really helpful. I have no complaints to make.

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear oddbod

Thank you very much for getting in touch and for your positive feedback in relation to the care you received whilst an inpatient here at Wishaw General Hospital. I indeed hope that you are recovering well and your health continues to improve.

I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the staff who will be delighted that you have no complaints in relation to the care that that they provided during your 6 week inpatient stay.