"I was looked after in a friendly and..."

About: University Hospital Aintree

I got an early morning call to come in for a day patient procedure, as there had been cancellations. Upon arrival I was quickly checked in, shown to a bed, and had the administration done. Everyone acted professionally while being cheerful and helpful, and doing everything to put me at ease. Unfortunately I had to wait about three hours for my turn, but when it came, again the mediacl staff were friendly and at ease. The first thing they asked was how would I like to be addressed, and then got on with the task. At each stage they told me what was going on and what would happen next.

Afterwards I was returned to my bed, and given refreshments, then the nurse kept an eye on me until the surgeon reported the findings and I was passed fit to leave.

All the paperwork seemed to be handled carefully, and when I was told things, the nurse made sure I understood what had been said.

Throughout, I felt that I was in safe and competent hands

Response from University Hospital Aintree

It's great to hear you had such a positive experience in our hospital. Thank you for taking the time to leave these comments.