About: St Richard's Hospital

Hearing aids in both ears. Hearing deteriorated. Appointment booked 30.10.15 @13.30.

Technician advised that they could not test since their was considerable wax and told to see GP. GP cleaned my ears (2 weeks self treatment). Booked again at another Hospital for tests. Appointment for 30.11.15 @ 15.30.- technician stated ears were clean but they could not test because I only had a 10 minute appointment...

I asked what they or the dept. head had in mind for the arranged visit.

I was told that St. Richards would contact me for an appointment. I have tried to contact this morning to complain and to get test to rectify my hearing problem. No body available to take my call but 'would get back to me asap'.

No response by mid day.

Response from St Richard's Hospital

We are very sorry to hear that you have had a frustrating experience with your hearing aids.

The Audiology service is actually run by Queen Alexandra Hospital in Potrsmouth (although they do work from this hospital).

It may be that you have now heard back from them, but if you would like us to try and liaise on your behalf, please contact us via the PALS office at St Richard's by ringing 01243 831822 or emailing palschichester@wsht.nhs.uk and giving us your full details.