"Tvt Mesh Treatment"

About: Stirling Royal Infirmary / Urology

I had TVT mesh taping fitted for stress incontinence, at no time was I advised this had NOT been fully tested. My condition has returned with a vengeance, worse than ever, and I now suffer constant urine infections and suffer other health problems which could be related, as its unknown what happens when this metal mesh starts to disintegrate within the body. Who knows exactly what further damage its now doing. This procedure should be banned now!

Response from NHS Forth Valley

Dear Twig

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I would like to say how sorry I am to hear of your experience and the ongoing impact it is having on your health.

You will appreciate that I can’t go into detail on the website and wondered if you would give me the opportunity to speak with you so that I can look into some of the things you mentioned. We could also discuss, at that point, if it would feel right to put an update on Patient Opinion with information which might be helpful.

My contact details are Robbie Duffy, Service Manager 01324 567482 or by email r.duffy@nhs.net

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards