"Gastroenterology - Department in Chaos"

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

This department changed my booking four times and then could not even find the letters it sent me.

When I did get in there the patient ahead of me was a no show (probably a booking error - see above), the staff chatted for twenty minutes instead of taking one of the queue of patients in the waiting room early.

We could all hear them chatting about their weekend. No work was being done.

This department needs to either close down or a serious management effort is needed to get it working.

I have cancelled any future appointments and moved my treatment to another trust. I'd advise you to do the same.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

Please accept our apologies for your poor experience in our Gastroenterology Department. The Trust has recently had a large scale administration restructure which has taken time to embed within the organisation. The teams work hard to make sure they provide a high standard of care to all our patients and your feedback will be discussed within the teams involved to endeavour this does not happen again. We appreciate all feedback to help improve our service. If you would like to discuss anything further regarding your care please don’t hesitate to contact our PALS department on 0118 322 8338 or email talktous@royalberkshire.nhs.uk.