"Excellent Care of my brother"

About: South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

On a Sunday recently, my 21 year old brother hit his head at home in Gillingham in his bedroom, collapsed and was unconscious.

Due to the length of time he was unconscious, his eyes rolling and the cold sweat he had developed, we called an ambulance.

A female paramedic arrived and took excellent precaution and care of him.

My brother plays sport every day and for this reason is very physically fit, it was unusual for him to have issues such as this and the paramedic handled our concerns very well.

A thorough examination was undertaken and due to unexpected ECG results, he was advised on going to the local Hospital for observations.

The outcome was that there was nothing substantial to be concerned about, but please could you pass on my thanks to this wonderful paramedic who was helpful, kind and put a panicking family at ease!

Response from Louise Hutchinson, Patient Experience Lead, South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Jammie

Thank you very much for taking the time to post feedback about the care provided to your brother recently by South East Coast Ambulance Service. It must have been a very frightening time for him and for your family, and I'm so pleased our staff member was kind and helpful and was able to provide reassurance to you all in your time of need.

I should be delighted to pass on your thanks to the paramedic concerned, and if you were able to email me with some more detail, eg the date, approximate time, and location of the incident, that would help me to identify them. If you do have time to do this, my email address is louise.hutchinson@secamb.nhs.uk

Thank you again, very much, and I do hope your brother is now fully recovered.

With very best wishes, Louise