"Hip replacement went well"

About: Grantham & District Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

My story was in November at the day ward at Grantham hospital, its early in the morning and I am greeted with a smile in reception before entering the ward. Unfortunately it’s a busy day and I have to wait for my hip operation until later that day. On arrival in the theatre (no its not film time) the procedures are explained and I nod off, now it’s all a bit of a blank until I awaken some hours later to see another friendly face in ward 2.

Next morning after constant attention by the nurses regarding my pain relief and blood pressure etc I was pleased to get an assurance from the doctor that my operation had gone well.

I was not looking forward to the first session of physiotherapy but when they arrived I was immediately put at ease and soon was out of bed. Two days later Im on my way home with my new hip.

Many thanks for all those involved and well done Grantham hospital.

Response from Anita Cooper, Clinical Lead - Therapies & Rehabilitation Medicine, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Many thanks for your feedback. It really does make a difference for staff to hear positive comments about our services. I will ensure your message is shared with the team. Best Regards

• Question926 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Question926 (the patient)

Thanks for your responce, It's nice to know that the actual members of the team that looked after me have been made aware of my story.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Question926,

I am so pleased when patients have a excellent journey from day ward through to us on ward 2 and to go home within 2 days is fab – we can't thank you enough for your response as this helps other patients who may be waiting to come in for their surgery – and my staff love the praise – they work so hard and this means so much.

Julie Record - Ward 2 Sister