"Quick surgery"

About: Southend Hospital / General surgery

I had a fecal calprotectin test which showed inflammation above 1, 800. I received a phone call from the consultant's secretary and they booked me in for a flexible sigmoidoscopy a few days later. This was about 1 year ago. I had a further colonoscopy in May, which resulted in a referral for surgery. Having seen the surgeon in mid June 15 I was offered a date for surgery for early July. I cannot fault this process at all! What a fantastic achievement to get my surgery that quick.

Response from Louise McIver, Patient Involvement Coordinator, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your post relating to your Surgery in July. I am pleased to hear that the process met your expectations and that your Surgery came up so quick.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, I will ensure I send your comments to the relevant department.

Wishing you well for the future.

Regards,

Response from Southend Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your post relating to your visits and surgery - it is excellent to hear such positive feedback about both areas, I ensure you I will send your comments to the relevant teams. Thank you for taking the time to contact us and I wish you well for the future.

Regards,

Louise McIver Patient Involvement Team

Update posted by Goldsmith (the patient)

Dear Louise, thank you for your reply yesterday. Just a little confused because you had already replied with a very similar response to my feedback last week. However, I am grateful for receiving a response.