"Gynae surgery ward A1"

About: West Cumberland Hospital

I had a two night stay in the new hospital recently for a hysterectomy. From beginning to end my experience was A1 and the doctors and nurses were amazing and very caring and considerate. My surgeon was provided fantastic care pre and post op, and had a gentle and caring manner. The nursing and health care staff were brilliant making me feel at eas the whole time nothing was too much trouble. They also provided fantastic support to my family and were flexible with visiting hours and they put them at ease.

The facilities were the best I could have ever have wished for immaculately clean and pristine with comfortable bed and brand new linen.

There's always a lot of negativity about west Cumberland but this has been nothing but the best care for me. Well done!!

Response from West Cumberland Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. The staff will be thrilled to hear how well your stay was.

They are pleased to be in the new hospital and to know they have provided such a high level of service will be very encouraging for them.

I will ensure your comments are shared with all the staff and will send them to the Matron who will cascade them.

I hope you are recovering well

North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust.