"Tonsillectomy on Channel Day ward at WHH"

About: William Harvey Hospital

The care I received yesterday was excellent. From the student nurses to the consultant, I felt informed and cared for throughout the day. I did have to wait to go down to theatre a little longer than I expected but perhaps that was my misconception. A member of the nursing team rang me the night before as I hadn't had pre-op assessment (an oversight?) but they did it over the phone to enable my operation to proceed the next day without delay.

The only thing I would suggest for improvement was that the patient next to me (who had had the same op) had a nurse give her some informed guidance on post operative eating and infection control when she came back from theatre, which I was not given. However when I asked, I was given some guidance.

An excellent team. Thank you.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to give us your feedback, and also the kind words about your experience. Thank you also for letting us know about those areas we need to continue to improve. I will make sure the team are made aware. I do hope you continue to recover well.

sally