"PIU Ward and Angiogram Lab"

About: Scunthorpe General Hospital

I have been to the PIU Ward three times in three weeks. Once for pre-assessment and twice for different procedures. I have nothing but praise for all of the staff involved in my care. The doctors and nurses put me at ease and treated me and my family with respect. They kept me fully informed and exp!ained everything about the procedures. My husband and daughter came with me and were looked after very well. They were offered drinks periodically. Nothing was too much trouble. The doctor has been amazing. They did their best to put me at ease before and during the tests and explained the outcome of my tests to me and my family. A nurse was also extremely good and did everything they could to stem my nerves!!! Another nurse spent a lot of time drawing a diagram and showing us where the problems were so we could understand a bit better. Overall everybody involved has made a very worrying and scary time a bit more bearable.

Response from Scunthorpe General Hospital

Hello Janet, thank you very much for sharing your feedback, it's always such a pleasure to hear from satisfied customers! Your kind words have been passed onto the relevant managers and the team, who will very much appreciate them.

Best wishes,