"Gynaecology ward at Ormskirk"

About: Ormskirk & District General Hospital / Gynaecology

Very bad experience as a patient at the gynaecology ward at Ormskirk hospital. The nurses I came into contact with didn't seem to work as a team and I felt there was a lack of communication skills between members of staff. The student nurses didn't seem to receive any training. The standards of care are appalling in my opinion. There is no way I would return as a patient on that ward again.

Also I felt the staff I met were unprofessional and I think they need more training.

Response from Tony Ellis, Marketing and communications manager, Marketing and Communications, Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust

Thank you for telliing us about your experience. Please contact our Patient Experience and Complaints Team so they can investigate fully. All their contact details can be found here: http://www.southportandormskirk.nhs.uk/PALS/

Response from Ormskirk & District General Hospital

Thank you for telling us about your concerns. We will need more information to conduct a thorough investigation. Please contact our Patient Experience and Complaints team at soh-tr.complaints@nhs.net or telephone 01704 704958 between 10am and 4pm, weekdays. You may leave a message at all other times.