"Molar Extraction"

About: Leeds Dental Hospital

I was initially told that my wisdom tooth needed to be removed and that the molar next to it may also need to be removed as it had been impacted and would cause problems in the future. However when I went for my appointment the surgeon discussed options with me and it was decided that the impacted molar would be removed to allow the sound wisdom tooth to (hopefully) move down into the gap.

I was very satisfied with how the options were laid out to me - although it would have been good to know in the previous appointment that this was an option. Nonetheless the more junior dental surgeon who performed the procedure was very reassuring, an excellent anesthetist (I didn't even feel the needle when he gave me the local anesthetic) and took a break when I felt faint.

The tooth came out in no time and I felt at ease throughout the process. It's never a nice thing to go through so having supportive staff makes a big difference. Everything seems to be healing well, thank you!

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals

Dear Becky May

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, I am so glad to read that you felt supported by our staff and that your procedure went smoothly. I will pass your feedback to staff at the Dental Hospital who I'm sure will be delighted to read it.

Senior Nurse